Sunday, March 3, 2024

#3: NYFW + D-Day on V-Day + Love in Bartschland + Sooo Much More

     AUDIO VERSION: https://soundcloud.com/aloistylerrollinsiv/blogpost3

    Oh fashion week, how I do love you... Although I may not be invited to much (as of now) it's always a pleasure when you check your email and see a few invitations. So those emails alongside the Piarist Ball are why I chose to stay in NYC for a month and a half and although everything doesn't always go according to plan or maybe quite as glamorous as I imagine I always return home happy I was there. Unfortunately I didn't walk for anyone this season but I also didn't exactly go to castings or really push so kinda on me but to be honest I never have enjoyed modeling all too much. Every time I have ended up on a runway it's just been pure coincidence and right place at the right time and I kinda like it that way it feels more organic but still props to all the models shivering in the casting lines wrapping around the buildings during NYFW. 

    I got invited to help shoot some content for Sassoon NYC so I woke up earlier than my usual, threw on some makeup, and got an Uber but unfortunately Uber is so slow to places moving locations so it took me 6 blocks lower than where I actually needed to be so after speed walking through mid-town I made my way to the salon. I got my hair washed and blown out and we took photos and videos and it was a nice time. Afterwards I went down to Soho and on the way found the best hot dog cart in NYC in my opinion. He's across the street from Union Square and his onions aren't canned and he grills the onions, bun, & dog and his mustard isn't like plain ass yellow mustard it's somewhat artisanal almost and only 1.99! 

(3.29 if you also get a Diet Coke like moi)

    After my gorge hot dog I made my way to The Real Real in Soho and was looking for a cute clubby slinky mini dress for fashion week or an afterparty. I tried on 3 picks I thought were cute look one: Proenza Schouler tight blue cut out moment but it was too baggy on top, look two: Bottega Veneta chocolate patent leather mini dress that I couldn't even get past my ass since it was a 34 with no stretch and I'm underweight but not THAT underweight, and finally look three: a mini silk python print Blumarine dress new with tags and it was perfection. I knew as soon as I put it on it was perfect, the beige colors worked well with my hair and it fit like it was meant to be. I checked out and although it had a TRR tag at $255 and a retail Blumarine tag at $1595 it got marked down to $34! It's the perfect indie sleaze party girl dress and after heading out I was just oozing happiness at my newfound deal of a dress and got stopped by 2 street photographers chronicling NYC NYFW street style. 

ALOIS TIP: NEVER PAY RETAIL

    I wasn't really even wearing anything too shocking just a mahogany 60s mink coat, black silk mini slip dress, black stockings, sandy pink Balenciaga city with an Hermès scarf tied to it and black Louboutins but my hair looked great and I was in a good mood and I think that energy brings people in. I popped into Chanel and nothing really caught my eye to be honest. I just wasn't the biggest fan of what they had in that location but at the Bloomingdales on 59th their stock goes crazy. I grabbed some coffee and took the 6 back to my hotel and got ready for a fashion show I was invited to in Hell's Kitchen. I decided to wear the Blumarine dress since I was still feeling like I found a treasure so I did and made my way uptown. 


    While waiting for the fashion show to start I was at the Dunkin nearby and was drinking my latte by the window and through the glass I saw 3 beautiful brunette women staring at me, later I'd run into them at the fashion show and be approached with a management offer and I'm still thinking it over since they're more Florida based and I've barely ever been there to be honest. There was no coat check and I was front row so I took up a seat with my fur and made my way to the bar to get some champagne. I got photographed a few times, met some interesting people, and overall had a nice time but it was kinda obvious the show was for the straight male gaze but it def could've been worse. My biggest qualm is model's wearing ugly blocky Windsor middle school dance shoes, that's why you always need a gay man on the team to say no baby that shoe is revolting like it's fine if your shoe is cheap but it shouldn't LOOK cheap. 

    Afterwards I went to the after party and it was a cute tavern-esque venue. I met a cute guy from Denmark and we talked and after awhile headed out to get Pizza and his English was pretty good and we got along well and he was easy on the eyes. I got a slice of pepperoni and a Diet Coke and we walked back to the club. After seeing everyone I know start to head out I did the same on the walk home I got a hot dog from the same cart in union square and it was the perfect drunk end of night snack after a long day of walking. The next day I was supposed to see Mr.Denmark but was running so behind on my blog and you can't be late on your SECOND post. So I missed my date with a hot Euro guy at the MET and stayed in my Hotel writing. 
    Today was the day I was anticipating the most during fashion week, Richie Rich's show for his label Richerette so I got ready in a look I had made awhile ago but never got photographed in. I thrifted a silk Nicole Miller mini dress right before my trip to Aspen and I wore it at the St.Regis there but I felt it was kinda boring. So after having it sit in my closet for awhile, one night I pulled out all my old lipsticks I barely use and started applying them kissing the dress and just repeating that. It was fun trying them on and stamping my lips where it looked right and on that dress is MAC Viva Glam 1, Chanel Pirate, MAC x Heatherette, & so many other cool lipsticks. On the back I wanted to write a message so in MAC Viva Glam 1 I wrote "KISS MY ASS" which is kinda fun on a dress covered in lipstick print. I had a pair of nude/gold Louboutins I barely wear and they matched the dress so I added lipstick marks on them.

    I was supposed to go with Jason Chaos like last season but he got sick so his music friend who I know through social media came in his place. He was cool but kinda annoyed we didn't get to walk in the show which is understandable since it was so last minute. While he was on the phone trying to reach Richie (he is so bad at picking up calls and responding) I went on the red carpet and got photographed and little did I know it'd be my first picture on Getty images, which is super cool and has always been a bit of a dream. I think having such a striking look and putting time into wearing hair extensions the effort was noticed and rewarded. I got photographed wayyy more times but don't know where those photos got posted especially at the end of the show there was like 6 photographers shooting at once it was a vibe. 


    Near the end of the fashion show I met a Russian man and his gorgeous wife and their photographer who took a liking to my look. They invited me with them to the after party and I jumped on it and once there ran into a few people I knew but then met a cute blonde tall fit conventionally hot guy who I assumed was gay due to the crop top but turns out he was straight and we shared a cigarette and talked outside the club by this point my feet were killing me so I took them off while we smoked until the fucking Hyatt staff started bringing the furniture inside so people wouldn't sleep on them, so after painfully putting my shoes back on he invites me to his place and I was drunk and bored and said yeah and he said it was "nearby" it was NOT but on the way we got Pizza to go since we were allegedly so close. After a dozen and a half blocks we finally make it to Times Square and my feet are DEAD so he picks me up and carries me for awhile and then we ate the pizza in the middle of Times Square. I took off my shoes and BLOOD WAS GUSHING OUT OF MY BIG TOE. My Louboutins literally made me bleed, never wearing again except for photoshoot vibes. 

    Once we finished eating our pizza and the blood in my toe clotted we made our way to his place but before going in went to a musical theatre bar underneath his apartment. We got some drinks named after Barbara Streisand films and listened to the musical stylings of people who's musical theatre degree from NYU that they probably paid too much for was on full display. It was funny though this guy is straight but is wearing a crop top and took me to a bar where the most popular drink is the "Funny Girl" it was very progressive of him I will say that. His friends met up with us and they were all models and pretty interesting so we got along well. Most were from Bostonish area and they were all in an airbnb above the bar. I ended up heading up there to smoke some weed and fall asleep because I did not feel like walking back to my hotel with my bloody foot.

    I woke up the next day put on my bloody Louboutins and got a cab back to my hotel. My feet really did hurt so I kinda vegetated in my room and missed 2 important days of fashion week but I literally could not put my foot in a heel and I will not be photographed in flats. My friend Daecian hit me up and asked if I wanted to go to a Club Eat vinyl dj set at Studio 151 and although my feet still kinda hurt I was down. I met Ren G. from Club Eat and Miss Madeleine through Daecian and they're both really kind and I respect what they do artistically. Me and Daecian met up in Hell's Kitchen as I was in the area trying to find cute lingerie for the Hysteria magazine party on Valentines day but to no success as the only good lingerie store that carried cool stuff that wasn't just tacky leg avenue was a small studio in a huge building and while google claimed it was open it was really only appointment only.



    For dinner we went to the steakhouse Daecian works at and it was really good, I love any place with oysters and Caesar salad. Afterwards we went to my hotel to charge our phones and talk over Diet Coke before Studio 151. We ended up heading out a bit too early and even after stopping to get coffee we were like an hour early to the Club Eat set. So we ordered some sushi and edamame and attempted to take pics until told flash photos aren't allowed... but then later in the night tons were taking flash pics and no one said shit. I hate bitchy old Myrtle Snow looking managers who have a superiority complex. A bit before the show Ren shows up and we all talk and catchup and apparently the vibe of music was all freestyle and I was skeptical but she pulled out the good stuff.

WHEN THE DJ PLAYS LISA LISA, MADONNA, ETC. I'M UP

    I love freestyle music so even though I had a recently injured foot I danced the night away, unfortunately due to it being near Valentines Day most people out were couples so no drinks were bought for me ;( but thankfully Ren gave me & Daecian drink tickets and I got a vodka redbull since I was kinda tired and later that night shelled out $20 for a half ass cosmo in a plastic glass... At around 2:30 me and Daecian headed out and walked back to my hotel so he could grab some stuff he left in my room then headed back home.

    The next morning I woke up alone on Valentine's Day and I know it's kinda my own fault since I'm so lazy when it comes to pursuing romance but it's still not exactly a fun place to reside on a day built around love. I get a phone call from Beverly Hills a few minutes after waking up and I was kinda hoping it was my ex but instead it was the Beverly Hills courts calling me asking if I received my notice to appear in court regarding the mugging/assault that took place in October of 2022 on Beverly Dr. near the Beverly Hills Hotel. I was shocked because they told me he got 5 years over the phone about 6 months ago but I don't know if he got a lawyer and fought for an appeal but unfortunately if it moves to a higher court I have to speak on the stand.

    After a few hours I started getting ready for the Hysteria magazine party and got a few texts from my mom's side of the family which I haven't talked to since the incident in blog post 1 but no text from my mom herself. Once I got ready I made my way to Old Flings a tiny upstairs club and I wasn't expecting that many people to be there honestly but it was PACKED and only got worse as it got later. There was no coat check so my fur was supposed to just go in a pile on the floor and the music was meh and there was no room to dance. I said hello to the few people I knew and got photographed a bit. I ran into Mr.Denmark but he was just sippin a beer and didn't offer to buy me a drink so I made my way to the tables with bottles and made friends with a latin fashion designer guy and got some tequila but overall I just couldn't get into the vibe so me and the fashion designer party hopped to a hotel party but as soon as I heard "think you the shit bitch... you not even the fart" it wasn't my kind of party and I also just think I wasn't in a good mood so I headed home before it even hit midnight.

    When I got back home before taking my makeup off I cried, I felt alone which usually I don't mind but on a day revolving around couples and love it puts a mirror to how unordinary my life is. Can I even maintain a long-term relationship? I travel constantly and bore easily, should I just settle or be content? A lot of questions were going on in my mind that I hadn't really found a true confident answer I can stand behind. I wanted to text an ex or two but when I really thought about it I don't think I've ever truly loved any man I've dated, which is a sad but true sentiment I can stand behind whole heartedly. 

    The next day I got back on the apps and started getting ready for a date with an accountant at Mr.Chow, I think I just needed validation I was still desirable after a lack luster Valentines Day. He was boring and clearly just wanted to get to the part where we hook up which eventually happened and it was meh. I need romance to make it a vibe and even my good playlist just couldn't get me fully entranced so at around 11:30 I headed back to my hotel and I check my phone in the elevator and my grandpa sent a text that my great grandmother passed away. Two of the most important women in my life are gone my great grandmother and my grandmother, I felt so broken. While I was off having some rebound liaison in NYC my great grandma who I saw every Sunday when she'd bring over a pie and visit passed away. I wish I would've been in town and I'm unfortunately missing the funeral too.

    I got thrown into a bit of a depression after my great grandma passing, sour valentines day, & missing a lot of fashion week due to my bloody toe and just hibernated and slept which is always what I do when I just want to escape real life. When I was awake I ended up watching some old Lynn Wyatt & Dale Mercer interviews they always remind me of my great grandma. She was a classy southern belle who was a frequent Neiman Marcus shopper but still had a somewhat scandalous side getting pregnant early and moving to AZ after becoming the black sheep. She was always supportive in whatever I did and however I looked. Even in the retirement home she still loved her rosé and always made sure my grandpa kept it stocked.

    Nothing could've gotten me out of bed, I overslept multiple fashion shows but just couldn't fake like my life was fine. I postmated a latte and a cannoli and went downstairs to meet my delivery person and while I was down there a white car pulls up and out pops Amanda Lepore with her huge white blonde hair, tiny waist, and Louboutins she walked past me and went up the stairs into the Hotel I had been residing in which I later found out she lives in. It was a total mood booster I realized where I was again and made plans to make sure to be at Susanne Bartsch's party at the Soho Grand. 

    In the morning I went to 59th st. and made my way to Bloomingdales to pickup a white La Perla slip to wear to Susanne's party which was hooker themed with the name "Working Girls" so a slip made sense and would match white satin Louboutins. After looking through all 9 floors my friend Daecian met up with me and we looked around then went to Balenciaga looked at the new bag that's dropping and I tried on a few things that peaked interest but were all synthetic fibre... After removing the plastic 10k outfit we walked to Bergdorf's and you always gotta checkout Schiaparelli. Later that day me and Lamb recorded some demos for Caviar Noir. I always pack my blue yeti just in case I get inspired and want to record a rough demo.

    The day came of the party at the Soho Grand after getting ready which entailed putting a strand of pearls in my up-do I got a car to the party since it had been rainy. I made my way there and saw a line but everyone in the line was drab looking so I walked up to the bouncer with my ID and got in immediately. I love Susanne's parties because looking good is always rewarded as it should be at every club. As I made my way in I stopped in the hallway to touch up my lipstick and Susanne and her whole team walks in and she looks gorgeous as always. I met a cute guy who told me which way to go for the party, after checking my coat I made my way up stairs. 
    Icons were out that night, it's always fun getting your outfit complimented by Linux and having Amanda Lepore sign your Louboutins. I kept seeing a 1980s Karl Lagerfeld looking guy with sunglasses on in the club looking at me. He was suave in his suit and we hit it off over a glass of champagne and then watched Amanda perform a song about champagne it was such a meant to be kind of moment. Once the performance was over we went back for a second glass and halfway through sipping I run into the guy who pointed me where to go accompanied by some young Britney Spears looking girl with a crossroads vibe. It starts out good he introduces me to the girl I introduce him to my sunglasses guy but I don't know who said what but I think sunglasses guy offended him and he started saying "I promote this party I know Susanne I'm wearing Mugler" and takes his jacket off and shows the label I was kinda gagged and it came out of nowhere. 

    Once it hit 3am and dancing got tiresome and cool people started leaving me and sunglasses did the same and got a cab back to my place since he lived nearby and made plans for dinner the next day. He definitely had the right checklist for me, he was well dressed and well read so I was more than excited for dinner the next day...

    I'm gonna leave it off here, this fashion week may not have been as successful as the last walking wise, but I made some beautiful connections and got photographed so much more than the last and finally landed a spot on Getty images after all these years of socialiting. On top of that I made a lot more connections musically and in the art world with likeminded people who wanna work with me. I think I did the best I could with the cards I was dealt of my great grandma dying and my toe being bloody and unable to go into a heel during peak fashion week. 

    Next Post will cover the Chanel Beauty Atelier in Soho, my first and second date with Mr. Sunglasses with whom I am totally falling for, reconnecting with my mom, & most important of all SEEING MADONNA!!!! Once again so sorry this blog was late but the depression has been all too real lately. This post's attached demo is "Box of Chocolates" a very fitting song for my Valentines Day experience. I really like this song and hope you guys do to!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

#5 Hysteria Girl + LAFW + Dita Von Vegas + More...

AUDIO VERSION:        Once again took way too long to update but if only you lot knew what all has been going on in my life this summer seas...